Buckle Up for Life’s Dealership Connect matches Toyota dealers across the country with Buckle Up for Life partners in their communities to host free car seat check and distribution events at Toyota dealerships.
Through this partnership, Toyota dealerships donate the car seats, and Buckle Up for Life partners provide the technical education and installation assistance to families in need.
Several Toyota dealerships across the nation have already joined our ranks by hosting successful events at their facilities—helping our local partners raise awareness about the importance of child passenger safety, and ensuring families ride safer. One child, one car seat at a time.
- Opportunity to serve and give back to the community by providing education and free car seats to help families and children ride safely.
- Opportunity to check for and correct Takata airbag recalls.
- Public relations support to promote car seat check and distribution event(s).
- Potential qualification for Toyota’s Dealership Match Program.
- Applicant must be a Toyota Dealership, operating in North America.
- Dealership must be in physical proximity to a current Buckle Up for Life partner site.
- Dealership must have a designated, accessible, and safe space to set up and conduct public events, including:
- Permanent or temporary traffic and crowd control measures in place. Vehicular and pedestrian traffic should be separated.
- Clearly marked entry and exit routes.
- Access to restrooms for families and volunteers.
- Covered and/or climate-controlled facilities (E.g., service bays) are preferred but not required.
Dealership Minimum Expectations:
- Dealership must donate car seats to be distributed to families in need, at their location, during the event. Actual number of car seats to be provided varies based on size and scope of each event.
- Host a car seat check and distribution event at the dealership facility.
- Dealership must delegate a liaison to champion the event and to work hand-in-hand with local Buckle Up for Life partner, Buckle Up for Life headquarters, and public relations agency, to manage all logistics—including, but not limited to the following: planning, promotion, registration and public relations, safe execution, reporting, and evaluation.
- Buckle Up for Life partners must use approved Buckle Up for Life curricula, as provided.
- Education must be provided by a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST).
Car Seat Checks and Distribution Requirements:
- Car seats must be installed with the assistance of a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST).
- Car seats may be distributed at the agency’s discretion—although the focus should be on at-risk populations. Each partner may assess and determine local need.
- Car seats provided by Buckle Up for Life must be given away to selected families for FREE. Seats may not be sold. Donations for seats provided by Buckle Up for Life may not be accepted.
Acceptance and Orientation:
Upon successful match, the Toyota Dealership and the Buckle Up for Life partner agency will be contacted by Buckle Up for Life headquarters to arrange a formal introduction and kick-off planning meeting; with additional meetings to follow.
Find a Local Partner
We're sorry but there are no Buckle Up for Life partnerships in your area at this time. Other ways of getting involved:
- Click here to be added to our list of interested dealerships for future opportunities.
- Click here to receive free educational materials for your customers.
- Make a donation to Buckle Up for Life.
Feel free to check back later as new partners are added frequently.